Blog Blueprint – Is it worth it ?
Since I comment on autoblogging on this site quite a bit I get comments asking me about the latest autoblogging products coming out (also I usually get comment spam from automated comment software that seeks sites with autoblog in the content, so i see the latest autoblog products being pushed).
The latest is Blog Blueprint is put out by John Katzenback who has a handful of other products geared towards internet marketing niche. The product is being released in a week and I don’t know much about them but I figured I would sign up for the free pdf. I haven’t seen the actual product/course yet but here is my initial impression.
The free 10 page pdf they send out as teaser for the course during pre-launch and it looks similar to stuff covered in Autoblog Blueprint. The plugins they mention in the pdf are good and also listed in Autoblog Blueprint. Kind of strange to see same ones listed as ABB since they are not all that common……
Then the pdf goes on to reveal the “Top 13 Autoblog Blunders”, such as:
- Don’t be shady and do garbage autoblogs…….always season a site with unique content initially to get in good graces with Google and search engines.
- Focus on a niche, don’t try to cover something broad with high competition keywords.
- Don’t over ping your site. Too much pinging will hurt not help your site.
- Get backlinks to your internal site pages, not just your home page.
- Interlink your pages. (ie- on this site you can see how I wrote a review on Autoblog Blueprint and then in some other posts I reference back to that Autoblog Blueprint post with the keyword anchor text(autoblog blueprint review) to give further strength to that original Autoblog Blueprint post. This is a key step in site development (ps- go google “Autoblog Blueprint Review” and see what the 1st listing is ) . Don’t over do it with 5 of the same links in 1 post all going to the same post or it won’t look natural to google or readers….You can use wordpress plugins that will autolink specific keywords you identify to turn them into links that go either to posts within your site or to external affiliate offers.
- Track what pages/keywords are getting the most traffic and make those your money pages and drive your internal links to those pages(I wrote about this process briefly recently). Continue to add more related content/write articles to those top traffic keywords and optimize those.
- Cloak your affiliate links…..You can use advanced plugins or simple plugins like Pretty Link to clean up your affiliate links to make them look nice. Also SEO friendly looking URL’s help your site so software that cleans up those product API URL’s is great like phpzon/phpbay,etc….Would you rather click on something that looks like: http://www.sdfsdgohohdvohoireg/12d578 or http://www.amazon.com/products/blue-soccer-cleats
- Plugins to use..so many to choose from and some aren’t updated with latest wordpress installs and some conflict(create errors) on your site. This is one of the biggest time sucks of running wordpress or autoblogs is making sure all the plugins work and don’t overload your hosting since WordPress does suck up memory and can easily slow down a site or crash your hosting. In the Blog Blueprint they mentioned of the 11,500+ plugins out they identify a half dozen of the the 14 must have’s recommend. The ones they mentioned are all listed in Autoblog Blueprint.
- Make sure your site gives the reader a call to action like “buy here” , “click to buy” “Buy now” ,etc…….
- Don’t just leave an autoblog alone and never follow up on it(I am guilty of this when I was building WP Mage sites). It was dumb and I have lots of useless domains to show for it. If you spend the time to correctly set up a quality autoblog and write oringinal articles initially,etc…then once you drip in autocontent make sure you check in on it to check that the automation software is pulling relevant content for the site.
- Don’t do auto backlinking with no plan(like a comment spam software)….Creating lots of garbage backlinks doesnt work anymore especially with the Google Mayday algorithm change earlier this year. You have to have relevant backlinks related to your site content and Autoblog Blueprint has the most sophisticated method/link tree method/backlink techniques for this. To be honest ABB method is pretty daunting trying to do it exactly but Autoblog Blueprint has some awesome upcoming software/services and vendors that are going to help automate this. I would be curious what Blog Blueprint will show for this step as backlinks is very crucial to any site now as google gets more sophisticated in its search. I am pretty excited for what Autoblog Blueprint 3.0 has in store soon.
- Don’t ignore on page optimization for your site. (My tip – If you use Firefox browser go download the free SEO Doctor add-on and it will give you instant SEO score for any page you look up and you can see the criteria that is used to ranking on page SEO)
So those are the top tips in the free PDF I got. I don’t disagree with the content in it but it personally looked like a repackage of content in Autoblog Blueprint 1.0. It will be interesting to see what other components of the Blog Blueprint will be offered as I know there are additional upsells to the initial product. I will be interested to hear/read from those that end of buying Blog Blueprint but nothing I saw in the pdf was new to me since the release of Autoblog Blueprint earlier this year.
I still think Autoblog Blueprint 2.0 is the best product/resource for anyone looking to monetize wordpress sites and/or autoblogs, but I guess we will see with is revealed in the Blug Blueprint course. You can read my past post on it.